Monday, October 26, 2009

Invasion of the Bee Girls



Watched "Invasion of the Bee Girls" today while I was sick. I forgot how much I love 1970's sci-fi trash. A short inventory of weird and wonderful things about the movie:
Sexy Librarian - check
Sexy Librarian who tells a federal agent, "We balled*, and balled, and balled...and then it happened." - check
Federal Agent, answering a very serious and official phone call with "Yello?" - check
A rape scene, which does nothing for the plot, other than showcase the protagonist's fighting moves - check
Boobs - check
A woman whose one boob is noticeably higher and smaller than its twin - check
Completely black eyes (a la "Stepford Wives") - check
Random sex scenes or nudity by people who have nothing whatsoever to do with the rest of the storyline - check. And check. And check again.

Thank you, "Invasion of the Bee Girls" for your funkadelic soundtrack, your polyblend costumes, your lipgloss, your wood-paneled walls, and your public domain status - which made you available for me to view on my cable provider's Free Movie channel.
My immune system just got a little stronger.

*"Balled" or "balling" was used plenty of times in the dialogue to refer to sex. Is this shit my parents said in the 1970's? Can you dig it? Because I sure as hell cannot.
I cannot dig it.

1 comment:

Aria Minelime said...

yello? can you hear me? i just wanted to say nice tags. And also that for some reason I've seen this movie several times. All of which were during one of my own sleepover b-day parties when I was a teenager. So several times, but in one night. And totally sober. Why, teenage me?